PROUDLY SERVING: Walden Bottle Depot services South Calgary and Surrounding Area
Find Us

19618 Walden Blvd SE Calgary, AB T2X 0M7

Call Us


Better Rates & Fast Cash at Our Bottle Return Depot

Return-It Bottle Recycling Depot In Calgary

You not only help keep Alberta clean by recycling your beverage containers but also get a cash rebate when you recycle at our depot.

Bring your recyclables to Walden bottle recycling depot and leave with cash; it’s that easy! Our Calgary SW and SE neighborhoods depot is open seven days a week from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM. Of course, you will be finished sooner if you have pre-sorted your recyclables.

Do you plan a bottle drive to collect money for your school, non-profit, or sports team? 

Do you want your business or institution’s bottles to be picked up regularly? 

If your answer is YES, please get in touch with us to estimate your reimbursement for any or all of these recyclables.

Types of Bottles Accepted For Returns and Refund Rates

Glass Beer, Wine, and Soft Drink Bottles

Glass Beer, Wine, and Soft Drink Bottles

Glass bottles that have been thrown away are broken to generate glass beads for sandblasting or thin strings for fiberglass insulation. They’re also used to make street paint that’s more reflective.

Cans Made Of Aluminum

Cans made of aluminum

Aluminum cans are melted down and replaced with new, consumable beverage aluminum containers or cans. 95-99 percent of the cans gathered are recyclable. You can also replace milk jugs and plastic containers by visiting your nearby bottle recycling depot.

Clear Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Containers

Clear Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Containers

PET flakes or pellets are made from transparent polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plastics. Pellets and flakes are used to create new food-grade polymers. Clothing and carpets can also be made with them.

Tetra Brik

Tetra Brik

A hydro-pulping method separates the paper, plastic, and aluminum in Tetra pack containers. The pulp is used to make paper products to the tune of 80%, with the remaining 20% of plastics and metal being recycled further.

Gable Top

Gable Top

The hydro-pulping process separates the paper and plastic in these goods. Paper pulp is used to make tissues, cardboard, and writing paper.


They can be repurposed into automotive parts and mine grinding rods by smelting bi-metal cans. Labels, paint, and pollutants account for only 5% of the overall weight.



Incinerated drink pouches are employed as a source of heat energy. Due to their roughness, bag-in-a-box containers are recycled into cardboard and other tough paper products.

Estimate the Environmental Impact of Your Containers

The Alberta Bottle Depot Association’s (ABDA) impact calculator is an excellent tool. You may learn about the environmental impact of your recycled containers. Calculate how much greenhouse gas you’ve saved and how many landfills you’ve avoided. Get a reimbursement by bringing your recyclable containers to Fish Creek Bottle Depot.

Return Rates at Walden bottle recycling Depot near you

By recycling your bottles and containers at your local bottle depot, you may earn money while also helping the environment. We’ve included particular recyclables that we accept to simplify sorting and calculating.

Return-It Bottle Depots Near You

We give exceptional customer service at our bottle return location, which is quick, efficient, and accurate. We serve the communities of SE and SW Calgary.
Call 403-930-6761 or contact us today!